- Respect for the other person’s model of the world.
- Behavior and change are to be evaluated in terms of context and Ecology.
- Resistance in a client is a Sign of a lack of rapport.
There are no resistant clients, only inflexible communicators. Effective communicators accept and utilize all communication presented to them.
- People are not their behaviors.
Accept the person, change the behavior.
- Everyone is doing the best they can with the resources they have available. Behavior is geared for adaptation, and the present behavior is the best choice available. Every behavior is motivated by a positive intent.
- Calibrate on behavior.
The most important information about a person is that person’s behavior.
- The map is not the Territory.
The words we use are NOT the event or item they represent.
- You are in charge of your mind, and therefore your results. I am also in charge of my mind and therefore my results.
- People have all the Resources they need to succeed and to achieve their desired outcomes.
There are no unresourceful people, only unresourceful states.
- All procedures should increase Wholeness.
- There is ONLY feedback!
There is no failure, only feedback.
- The meaning of communication is the Response you get.
- The Law of Requisite Variety.
The system/person with the most behavioral flexibility will control the system.
- All procedures should be Designed to increase choice.